Sally's World

A place for me to explore blogging with posts about library technologies and other library related interests (with some "Mustang talk" every now and again...)

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Lucky #13

#13 of the 23 things....

"Learn about social tagging and discover a few sites that use ‘tags’ to connect information and users together.” “Learn about tagging and discover a Del.icio.us (a social bookmaking site).”

For a start, I created a del.icio.us account and added many different sites with lots of different tags. As an exercise, I then searched for some of my sites using the tags. Now I need to explore the social aspect of del.icio.us.

As I begin to use del.icio.us regularly I suspect I’ll see the advantages of organizing my favorites in this way. However, since I’m a visual learner, I'm still favoring the hierarchal structure of folders. Perhaps as I experience the “value added” component even more, the folders won’t be as appealing...

On blogger I noticed a box for "labels". I'll need to explore them to see if lables are the same as tags and if this feature alllows for searching other blogs by labels. Interesting....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home